Tuesday 10 July 2018

Displaying my Book in Portsmouth

Now that my book 'The Siren of Southsea' is completed I wanted to start displaying it locally in the Portsmouth area to spark interest in my project and get people engaged. As  my narrative is based in Portsmouth, I wanted to contact local shops/museums/galleries to display the book in. I think it will do well and be more appealing to the local community because they can relate to the area. 

The first place it's exhibiting is in the University of Portsmouth Library. I filled one of the glass display cabinets with one of my final books and my older mockup watercolour book. As well as these I included prints of my original screen prints and prints of the watery background to place the books on, I think this makes the display look more interesting and enhances the ocean theme. I also included a description of both books, the poem in the final book and my contact details. 







The cabinet is by the entrance of the library so is a good spot for everyone to see it as they walk past. I am happy with the display as I think it is quite eye catching with the block of blue colour. Everyone who visits this venue either work, live or study in Portsmouth so have close ties to the area so I am hopeful that they will find my work interesting. 

The next place I wanted to display my book was at The Portsmouth Museum. I emailed them and they were very interested in my work but unfortunately they couldn't accommodate it:

So as suggested, I have contacted Aspex Gallery and am waiting for a response to see if they would be interested in displaying or selling my book. 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig