Tuesday 3 October 2017

A Question of Research: My Question

What methods can be employed to develop creativity in relation to technology and practice? 


Wordy question isn't it?

When my lecturer first handed this to me, my mind went blank, what does that question even mean? I some how have to answer this rhetorical question by completing a series of exercises to widen my research knowledge, hopefully finding a solution along the way.

I tend to research quite naturally, if I'm interested in a topic, I want to find out more information on it. But perhaps this unit will force me to use new techniques in regards to   my researching methods. 

I usually have a pretty good idea of where I want to go with a project at the start, but this time I am slightly more stumped. The wording of the question made it difficult for me to digest, so I decided to focus on the key words 'technology' and 'creativity' and how these link back to my illustration practice.

This question threw up many more for me to think about...

What is considered as technology?
If you hand draw something, is that without technology?
Does all technology have to be digital?
How does technology impact my work?
Can it enhance it? Or does it take away from my 'traditional' routes?
Does it ruin the authenticity of the drawing/painting?
Does digital art and traditional art have the same routes?
Why do we have the urge to create?
What is creativity? And is it in every part of life?

Let's see how this goes. 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig