Monday 23 October 2017

Printing Experiments

Today was a very productive day spent in the print room, having indications for both etching and screen printing. 
I like both these techniques as they're very organic and tactile. I think they would work well for my illustrations because of this. If my illustrations were to be set hundreds of years ago then a more traditional form of creating work would be suitable. 








I experimented with different line pressures and mark making in these designs. I also experimented with using different coloured inks (blues and greens to relate to the ocean).





I used 2 or 3 layers of ink in these screen prints. I think they came out well, I like the colours I have used, the blue for the ocean and then browny oranges to complement this. I may use my screen printing in my question of research module - where traditional and technology meet with the use of the light exposure machine to create the design on your screen. This is an example of how technology has helped develop creativity and my practice by efficiency. 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig