Tuesday 19 June 2018

WSA Degree Show

Going to local university degree shows I think is a great way to get a feel for the standard of work in your area. It can help to see where your work would fit in. At Winchester School of Art, they had exhibitions for all the disciplines in the university, Fine Art, Graphics, Fashion & textiles and Game Design. Although they don't have an Illustration course, I still wanted to explore the work from each of these as a lot of creative subjects cross paths and interlink with one and other. 

It was a very inspiring show with a lot of textural work I found interesting. 






I love the mark making and colours in this fashion & textiles set, the use of orange, yellows and blues are similar to what i've use in my own project. This comforts me that it is a colour scheme that is proven to work and will be successful. The textural backgrounds and line work also remind me of my own work. I created a lot of textured backgrounds to use under my more delicate line work which you can see this designer doing as well. Although there are many differences in our work, the creation of depth through these techniques proves to be effective in captivating an audience. 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig