Tuesday 10 July 2018

Applying for competitions, jobs and residencies

Now that I have completed my book The Siren of Southsea I am trying to get my work and myself as a professional artist/illustrator out into the world. To do this I have been looking for opportunities on the Arts Jobs website as well as contacting my universities careers advice team and subscribing to arty newsletters such as Book Arts Newsletter http://www.bookarts.uwe.ac.uk/newsletters/

This is where I found the Offset competition which I entered The Siren of Southsea in to! I am still waiting to hear whether I have been shortlisted

I also applied for an artist in residency position at Portsmouth Cathedral but was unsuccessful, you can see what the selected artist is now doing on their website:
https://www.portsmouthcathedral.org.uk/annualtheme

As well as this I applied for the Shell Heritage Art Commission for which I was short listed but unfortunately not chosen. I was pleased that my work was considered by them considering there were a lot of applicants. It gave me hope and encouragement to continue applying for roles. 

Finally, I am waiting to hear back from my most recent interview with a company called MicroLearn who are looking for a 6 week graduate creative designer intern to assist them with the creation of infographics, posters and videos. I feel this would be a good placement for me as it would help develop my digital skills. 



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig