Monday 30 July 2018

Being a Creative Designer

I have recently started a 6 week contract as a creative designer for a company called Microlearn. Even though I have only been working it for a week I have already learnt so much.

http://www.microlearn.com



They are a small company that make e-learning resources for businesses such as New Look. They create modules on subjects such as customer service and health and safety. These consist of bright engaging videos with quizzes. 
My job so far has been to make videos in their style, working from a voiceover script. I have to find, edit and animate appropriate images to match the script and time them with the voiceover. 
I have learnt a new software, Videoscribe, from doing this as well as developing new skills on Adobe Illustrator. 

I feel this role is very relevant to illustration. I am using a lot of skills learnt from my illustration MA course to help me achieve my goals in the workplace. It is challenging to think of images to convey the more abstract ideas such as 'welfare' or 'understanding', but being in a stimulating environment with other creatives helps to overcome issues and encourages me to think on my feet.

Hopefully in the future here I will also be creating posters and info graphics as well. I am pleased I managed to get this job as I don't have much video experience which I am now gaining for my portfolio. I hope this will help me obtain similar jobs in the future. 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig