Tuesday 6 February 2018

Trip to the sea

As I am basing my narrative in Portsmouth and the Solent, I decided to take a walk down to Southsea and get a feel for the surroundings myself. Research by reading is all well as good but I find sometimes I react better and become more inspired when I'm in the environment. 
Obviously I can't see what it would've been like in the 1500's but I could still feel the sea breeze, smell the salt water and touch the pebbles and shells my characters would've experienced.







This trip was a great way for my to research my surroundings and pinpoint places I could use in my illustrations, like my previous trip to Portsmouth Historic Dockyards. I very much prefer this way of researching!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig