Tuesday 6 February 2018

Mock up book

After my book making workshop, I filled my concertina book with rough images of my mermaid character as a way for me to experiment with colour, composition and character poses.
I decided to have one side as imagery and the other as text. I created a first draft of a poem with the theme of perfection to accompany the images.

This was a good experiment for me to see if the layout of a concertina book would work for my project and my final book, which I believe it will. I think the continuous spread of the concertina makes it better for a narrative as it flows well. 

I experimented with a colour palette which I think was successful as I kept it consistent from page to page which also helped with the flow. I think the hard book covers with cloth over them work well as it gives it an older feel which links well with the setting of my narrative. 







This book will be featured in Aspex gallery in Gunwharf March 18 2018 as part of SUBSTANCE Portsmouth Artists Book Event https://www.aspex.org.uk/whats-on/events/portsmouth-artists-book-event-2018-pabe-substance/

To make me final book appear more finalised and professional I think I will create my illustrations in a traditional manner and then scan them all in to assemble them digitally into one long image on Indesign to be printed. I think this way it will look neater and I can make an edition of them if I want to. 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig