Wednesday 13 December 2017

Social Media Experiment

As I mentioned in one of my earlier posts, I planned to do an experiment on Instagram with an image of one of my screen prints. I posted one image using the normal hashtags I usually use e.g. #screenprint, then the same image again using popular hashtags such as #instagood. 

I wanted to see if social media as part of digital technology could help develop creativity in relation to my practice. I think social media is a positive aspect of digital technology as it helps spread my work to a wider audience that I couldn't normally reach. 

The experiment worked the way I thought it was going to. The first image with usual hashtags still got likes, but it was mostly from my established followers and friends. The second image got likes, but from new, different people and I also got comments/feedback on it which I didn't on the first image. I think this shows that social media can be a great tool if used to its full potential as it helps develop creativity through spreading creative work and the feedback I get from others online helps push my practice forward as I know I am creating content that my audience enjoys. 

Normal Hashtags. 20 likes. 0 comments.

Popular Hashtags. 22 likes. 2 comments 

Although some people say having all this art work on social media platforms actually makes you less creative as its too saturated with images and no one can then come up with original ideas. I think even if you get inspiration from something online, no two pieces of artwork will ever be the same so I don't think its lessens creativity. 

I will continue posting my work on Instagram, using more popular hashtags to reach a wider audience, spread creativity and develop my practice. 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig