Tuesday 4 September 2018

My painting in Southern Nature Art Exhibition



Recently I had the pleasure of taking part in a local exhibition, the Southern Nature Art exhibition. There were a lot of fantastic artists included and I was pleased to be one of them. Although my painting didn't sell, I received some lovely feedback on the private view evening and one lady even voted for it as her favourite in their competition. 


I entered my 'Puffins' watercolour painting as it is one of my most popular works and it didn't disappoint. One lady told me it was zesty and that it made her smile which was lovely to hear. The other paintings in the show had a wide range of subject matter, from Scottish Wildcats to Elephants. As long as your work included some form of nature it could be entered. 



I was able to have a description of my practice next to my work as well as a link to my website, allowing me to showcase more than just my Puffins painting to interested viewers. This exhibition was a great experience to talk to other local artists, see the work they produce, get feedback and push my work into the world of art even more. I would definitely like to take part in it again next summer, hopefully with more than one piece of work. 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig