Tuesday 10 July 2018

Barton Peveril Art Foundation Show

I recently visited the Art Foundation exhibition at Barton Peveril College (my old college) to see what kind of work was being produced this year in comparison to when I was there. I have several friends who took part in this course so I wanted to go along to show my support as well.

There was a lot of interesting work and all made to a high standard with thought out concepts and ideas. The course seems to have really progressed since I was there which is pleasing to see, the level of work is more like university standard. I hope this is a sign of more time and effort being invested into arts within the education system. 





I was immediately drawn to these concertina books as my major project revolves around this format. I like the use of colour that flows throughout them and how the patterns lead you on to the next pages. As I did in The Siren of Southsea, creating a continuous flow with colours and patterns seems to work well within concertina books so I am happy I decided to choose this method instead of keeping each page different and separate. 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig